In its push for a cashless economy, the FM outlined the following benefits:
1) For those using cards and e-wallets, Petrol and Diesel purchases will now attract a 0.75% discount.
2) The government will provide 2 POS orPoint of Sale machines for free to each village that has a population of over 8,000.
3) Railways to give 5% discount on catering, retiring room on payment by digital mode
4) All railway passengers who buy tickets online get free accident insurance cover worth Rs 10 lakh
5) Monthly and seasonal tickets for suburban railways to offer 0.5% disc on digital payments
6) Insurance bought online from customer portal of public sector companies will get 8% discount for life & 10% for general insurance
7) 5% discount on digital payment mode for railway facilities like catering, retiring rooms
8) Digital transactions of up to Rs 2,000 will be exempted from service tax
9) Highway toll will see 10% discount on digital payments
10) NABARD will give Rupay card to people who have Kisan Credit Card
All decisions to be implemented with immediate effect